Activating Biochar with BiotaMax
Custom does not have a “one product fits all” approach to solving tough environmental problems. We have a wide variety of biological and microbial products and, if need be, we can customize a product for you application.
Why Biochar Needs to be Activated?
To get the most benefit from Biochar it needs to be activated or charged with microorganisms and/or nutrients. Biochar has unique qualities that provide an ideal habitat for beneficial soil microorganisms. Specifically, its high porosity, cation exchange capacity, and chemical composition quickly provide a permanent micro-habitat for the essential, beneficial soil microorganisms.
Biota Max for Biochar
There’s a link to the full Activating Biochar brochure at the bottom of the page.
When raw Bio char is added to the soil without activation, a flow of microorganisms and nutrients will take place from the soil to the Bio char. This process has the immediate effect of robbing the soil of these critical components – at least temporarily. The charging from soil microorganisms may take anywhere from 3 months to one year (or longer) depending on the presence and concentrations of the indigenous microorganisms. During this activation period, soils will be deficient of the beneficial soil microorganisms and crop yields will be reduced.
On the other hand, when Biochars are activated with Biota Max™ before being added to the soil, the beneficial microorganisms are transmitted immediately from Biochar to the soil. The beneficial bacteria and beneficial fungi in Biota Max™ immediately start to improve the soil, resulting in bigger, healthier roots and more productive crops.
Advantage of Activating with Biota Max
Activating with BiotaMax™ has a number of advantages:
- Biota Max™ contains beneficial bacteria and beneficial Trichoderma fungi needed by plants to grow healthier root systems.
- Bio char activated with BiotaMax™ goes to work IMMEDIATELY improving the condition of the soil.
- To be most effective, it needs to be activated. Compost is too slow and produces very inconsistent results.
- Biota Max™ can be applied, safely, easily, and cost effectively, to Biochar in a matter of minutes – there is no need to wait for compost to mature.
- Biota Max™ comes in a highly concentrated, easy to handle, effervescent tablet.
- One Biota Max™ tablet can charge enough to treat 1000 square meters or ¼ acre.
- Eliminates the use of manure as a compost source. Manure can contain antibiotics, insecticides, fungicides, or worse – pathogenic (disease causing) microorganisms.
Order Biota Max™ for your Biochar – TODAY